Check out the Interview with Project Mayhem that we found in our Archives. We are still true fans and believe in their success. They have continued to work and even create solo albums. Don’t be shy, Google them.
Knowing each other for over 15 years, Project Mayhem has formed a family. Their style is a breath of fresh air that the industry has definitely been holding their breath for. They can be compared to classic groups like the Wu-Tang Clan, lyricists like Common & Mos Def , and entertainers such as The O’Jays. Thier chemistry reflects them also.
Project Mayhem has made a name for themselves by opening up for many and having been featured in various magazines. They feature three that actually perform; Ishbah, Paypa, and Lennon and their singles “Lo Sweatas”, “Go Ill”, and “Just Chill”. You can check out their skills on Youtube and Myspace. We were honored with a segment of their time to ask a couple of questions. We will break out the family album and share what they had to tell us about their roles in Project Mayhem.
1. What can your fans expect from you in the future? Alotta heat……we just wanna continue to give people that real music and I feel that’s what our fans expect from us. We have the Middle America Ep coming soon and Lennon will release his first solo mixtape entitled; The Figure Four Leglock.
2. How do you guys explain your style? We’re real students of the music culture so our influences come from everywhere but it has a lot to do with where we are from…….the west side of Chicago, there’s no place like it. We just go into the song process knowing that we wanna create something that the listener hasn’t heard before, meaning something other than the recycled stuff that you hear on the radio everyday. Our style is Mayhem!! It’s that old b-boy sound mixed with the uptempo party rocking beats of today.
4. Who would you guys love to work with? Artists, producers, etc? I would definitely love to work with Kanye, that goes without saying, The Wu, Jeezy, Mos Def, Timbaland. . …Ski Beatz, he’s a producer that I feel compliments our style. But we make music so it wouldn’t be limited to Hip Hop artist or producers either
5. What’s one thing that help’s your group’s bond? What helps us bond is that fact that we were friends before rap. The ability to keep it real with each other. Everybody in life has disagreements but its how you deal with it is the key.
Each group member answered separately:
1. Name, hometown? Ishbah. West Side Chicago.
2. What thing people will be surprised to know about you? That I’m an artist…literally. I can draw and paint
3. Describe the element that you contribute to the group? I’m the guy that keep the ego’s in check(laughing).
4. If, there were a soundtrack produced for the movie of your life, what would be the number one song? (any artist- any song) Wild World by Cat Stevens
5. One word that describes you? Flavor!
1.Name, hometown? Paypa, Bellwood(western suburbs)
2.What thing people will be surprised to know about you? That I’m not as crazy as I seem sometimes. Most of the time I’m just venting because I’m misunderstood.
3. Describe the element that you contribute to the group? I bring relateability to the group. People relate to the things I say. When your flow or delivery is way above average and they believe you, you got a winner.
4. If there were a soundtrack produced for the movie of your life, what would be the number one song? Too High by Stevie Wonder
1. Name, hometown? Lennon, The Go Ill
2. What thing people will be surprised to know about you?
That Dane and I are twins.
3. Describe the element that you contribute to the group?
I think I’m the voice of reason in the group, the calm one. Ish and Paypa are the wild ones.
4. If, there were a soundtrack produced for the movie of your life, what would be the number one song? (any artist- any song) Frou Frou Let Go, that’s one of my favorite songs ever!!!
5. One word that describes you?