Stress is common when the grind is real. Unfortunately, it is not healthy. There are many common ways to relieve stress like exercising, lighting a candle, and writing your thoughts down. Today we will touch on the power of meditation.
Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique to focus their mind, thought, or activity on a particular object to be mentally clear and emotionally calm. It helps with anxiety as well. There are five basic steps that you can follow.
- Find a nice quiet place. Silence makes it a little easier to focus and relax.
- Sit or lie in a comfortable place. Maybe on a cushion or soft chair.
- Close your eyes and breathe naturally.
- Recite your mantra repeatedly. (optional)
- Focus on the rhythm of your breathing. Pay attention to how your body moves with each breathe.
There are many variations of meditation. Try using a timer to control the duration of each meditating session. One thing remains constant, clearing your mind. This should be a time to centralize your thoughts and eventually help you focus. Soon your stress and anxiety levels will decrease. Remember to consult a physician before you begin any repetitive activity. If it is too physically straining to sit find easier methods that still contain the deep studies of meditation. May the force be with you.